Be An Entrepreneur at Any Age
Step-by-step business planning guide for entrepreneurs
Business Planning Tools
Resources to help you create a business idea, write a plan, get funded, make a sale, and grow your business.
Article by John Rampton about the 7 steps to writing a good business plan.
Self Assessment Tools
14 free personality tests you can take online.
Free personality test website.
The purpose of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is to make the theory of psychological types described by C. G. Jung understandable and useful in people's lives.
Truity TypeFinder Personality Test
Free personality test based on Myers & Briggs' personality typing shows you clear, accurate scores so you know exactly which of the 16 personality types fits you best.
Platform for startups to find angel investors and employees and post jobs
Platform for startup founders to find investors
Platform for investment in women-led companies
– Angel Investor Peter Rigby spoke at our November 21, 2017 event. (See video.)
Early stage investment focusing on women-led companies
List of women-oriented funding organizations and NYC accelerators
Feenix Venture Partners, LLC
- Partner Spencer Lee explained their investment strategy for retail-oriented companies on February 28, 2018. (See past events.)
Lower East Side People’s Federal Credit Union
- Angel Garcia spoke on August 2, 2017 about the opportunities of getting a loan through a credit union. (See past events.)
New York Angels
One of the most active angel groups in the world, with a lot of useful links on their site to blogs and videos that advise on a wide range of startup issues, not just focusing on funding
A crowdfunding investment platform where people can invest as little as $10
- Chuck Pettid discussed the equity crowdfunding model on November 21, 2017. (See video.)
CFO and Funding Assistance - Palladino Associates
NYC Food Startups
CEO of Mi Kitchen es su Kitchen
Offers food consulting services and manages the food accelerator program for the Queens Economic Development Corporation
- Moderated our March 20, 2018 panel of employees turned entrepreneurs in the food, jewelry and music industries. (See past events.)
Legal Issues – Startup Structure & Finance Agreements
- Craig spoke about partnership agreements and other startup issues at our December 2017 event. (See past events.)
- Faith spoke about startups & ecommerce on April 25, 2018 (See past events.)
Marketing Strategy & Implementation
CEO Global Resources Inc.
Consultants & Vendors
American Entrepreneurship www.americanentrepreneurship.com
An online media resource with information about entrepreneurship in all 50 states
– Editor & Publisher Jeanne Gray moderated a panel on funding resources and programs for women and minorities on November 21, 2017. (See video.)
The Foundation Center
Provides information and training on nonprofit development and grants
Monitors the state of entrepreneurship in the US and occasionally provides grants in the area of entrepreneurship education, etc.
NYC Business Solutions
- Panelist Stephany Reyes-Seri spoke on April 25, 2018 about the services offered by NYC to help entrepreneurs, including raising funding through loans and Kiva crowdsourcing (See past events.)
- Calvin Fletcher participated on a panel on August 2, 2017 focusing on funding and what NYC offers to help entrepreneurs (See past events.)
- Panelist Robert Moses spoke on April 25, 2018 about new tax law implications (See past events.)
US Small Business Administration